Saturday, May 5, 2012

Inner knowledge is stronger than mass stupidity.

I am a huge fan of Instagram.  I find it absolutely fantastic that people can express themselves creatively with other people all over the world and share experiences with one another.  What I don't get is people who take photos of other photos, or share other people's photos on their own account.  And if I see one more picture of what I am assuming is a boy band called OneDirection, I am going to have a panic attack.  And no I don't know who they are because I don't own a television and I don't listen to the radio, and I refuse to have any curiosity in finding out what they sound like for fear of being brainwashed in some way.  I wish there could be a ban on people who comment "Follow me and I will follow you," or, "Like 5 of my pictures and I will like 5 of yours!"

The purpose of this app is for people to find other people with common interests and common artistic visions, and also to stay connected with the people you care about in your life.  In my opinion, most importantly, this social media tool allows visionaries to connect with other visionaries.  It's not a popularity contest.  To see the world through other people's eyes the way that you see it, or to experience a point of view completely different than yours and to see things in a new way, that's the most important aspect of this application.  Maybe there just needs to be a more exclusive type of app for people of this caliber.  But eventually, that social media tool will drown in the pool of time-wasting apps people devote more and more time to for superficial satisfaction.

It seems inevitable that all good things get ruined by the mass population of our society.  If only those with passion for this life would be stronger and unite, maybe this cycle could be broken.  You just have to trust and believe that inner knowledge is stronger than mass stupidity.  Passivity is not going to create change.  It simply allows the inevitable to continue to be the inevitable.  It is time to take back the mass majority.  To praise the visionary.  To reward the people who strive to connect us together, not tear us apart.  To embrace a positive outlook instead of dwell on the situation we are currently in.  All it takes is searching for this connection, finding it, and allowing it to grow by continuing the search for others.  Be brave.  Be bold.  And believe that there are others like you out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment